If you were susceptible to the philosophy of learning tricks, I can tell you and discuss with you 10 proven ways to learn faster. Do you want to know them? Without wasting our time, let's start to discuss them directly.
10 PROVEN WAYS TO LEARN FASTER
We cannot survive without learning. We are learning each day. But learning takes time. Students are given a particular time to learn some sets of information. If they want to have a good time for themselves together with the learning, they have to speed up their process of learning. If you also want to speed up the process, let me discuss 10 proven ways to learn faster.
As we have already discussed the brain hacks for faster learning in detail, let us just directly discuss the ways in short.
1.) Always write your notes with pen and paper as it speeds up the process of learning and helps to retain the information for long.
2.) Develop the essential skills required for effective notes taking. Notes taking is an art, which if practiced properly can help to get the best notes in the shortest form that ultimately helps to get success in exams.
3.) Use some mnemonic devices: Mnemonic devices are just the patterns of sounds, ideas, letters, etc. that helps to associate some idea with that of the other to retain the information for long.
4.) Go for distributed learning instead of whole learning together. Study in blocks of time. This is how to study fast and effectively.
5.) Change your method of learning to suit the changing needs. Learning of English demands a different approach, while the study of Math demands differently. Similarly, one concept of English wants you to learn it in a different way than that of the other. So change your methods of learning. Try to find methods which ease the process of learning for you.
6.) Take a nap or small breaks in between the blocks of study.
7.) Identify the moment when your mind is overloaded with information/stress. Take a break at that moment for some time to restore focus.
8.) Keep yourself hydrated. Does it sound awkward? It may be, but this is an important aspect that helps to learn. Dehydration slows down the working of the brain. It is an established fact. So when your focus is on the learning, keep yourself fully hydrated.
9.) As discussed before, to enhance the learning experience and to make the learning fast one must use multiple ways to learn different information. Even to learn the same set of information, again and again, one must use multiple ways to learn the information quickly and for a longer duration of time.
10.) Develop a habit to establish a relationship with what you already know and what you have to learn. This method improves the speed of learning and it helps to recall faster. It even improves the fundamental understanding of the information.
HOW TO STUDY SMART: 20 SCIENTIFIC WAYS TO LEARN FASTER
Are you not satisfied with the 10 proven ways to learn faster? Some logical minds always demand some scientific ways to be followed. They do not believe in philosophy or psychology, but just the scientific ways to lead their life. Students always ask, how to study fast and remember everything? Here, in this section, I am discussing some 20 scientific ways to learn faster. Hope, this will satisfy your mind.
1. Use different modes of learning: Science says that different parts of the brain are stimulated by different types of media. So in order to activate different areas of the brain, it is better to use different modes of learning including audio, visual or audio-visual, etc.
2. Study multiple subjects each day: Does your mind ask a question that how can I learn anything quickly? How do you learn your subjects? Do you study only one subject each day? Actually, if you study only one subject for a longer time, the probability is that you may confuse similar information.
So it is better to read any subject in a day, than one subject a day. Do not make a timetable like a study History on Monday, Math on Tuesday, etc. Instead, read those subjects each day for some time. You can increase/decrease the time limit for that.
3. Revise the information periodically: This practice is necessary to be followed if you want to transfer the same amount of information from short-term memory to long-term memory. Revise periodically.
4. Try to sit in the front of the class: There is a simple logic behind it. Those who sit at the front are able to see the board more clearly and listen to the teacher more clearly. Frontbenchers have to be sincere as the teachers are always nearby. This indirectly increases the concentration.
5. Don’t multitask: It’s not a good habit to multitask while learning. Most of the students have developed a habit to check facebook, WhatsApp or other notifications while studying. It distracts inadvertently.
6. Summarize or compress the information: Actually, some information is really difficult to grasp as it is very long if not difficult. It is better to compress such information in acronym form by using varied mnemonic devices.
7. Write down notes by hand: Those who write the notes by hand process and reframe the information in a better way.
8. Write down worries: It seems weird, but it works. This is established by research conducted at the University of Chicago. They discovered that those students performed better that wrote about their feelings related to the coming examinations on a piece of paper. This is found to be effective for those who have a tendency to worry frequently.
9. Self-testing: This is the best way to study smart. Quiz yourself. This helps to test what you have learned and you come to know about the loopholes if any.
10. Make a connection of what you already learn with what you have to learn: The association helps to learn the concepts for long.
11. Loudly read out the key information: The logic is that when you read out aloud you use two sensory organs, you read/see as well as hear it, while when you silently read the points you just see it.
12. Take breaks between the study sessions: Well-rested mind works best.
13. At the end of each study session, either reward yourself or pamper yourself: According to Adcock RA, 2006 if you set a specific reward for completing a study session beforehand, you’ll promote learning and memory function.
14. Do not set performance goals, but set learning goals: The research of Standford psychologist Carol Dweck indicates that the successful students focus on the process and not on achievement. Straight A’s should not be the aim.
15. Exercise thrice a week
16. Eat blueberries: Blueberries strengthen connections in the brain which is required to concentrate well. The regeneration of brain cell capability of blueberry helps the learner and improves both short and long-term memories.
17. Eat Omega-3 Fatty acids: Do you know Omega-3 Fatty acids are known to boost the brain functions and reduces the anxiety of the students.
18. If you are not a pure vegetarian, eat chicken and eggs too: A research conducted at the Boston University on about 1400 adults had found that those who consumed choline performed better in comparison to others. Chicken and eggs are a good source of Choline, so a student must consume them for smarter and faster learning.
19. Take a good sleep at night for about 8 hours: Students, now a day, see sleep as a luxury and not a necessity. However, the research established otherwise. Enough sleep helps to increase concentration and improve memory. According to Dan Taylor, one must try to learn the most difficult material just before going to sleep. It is because it makes it easy to recall the next day.
20. Drink ample amount of water: As discussed before, dehydration is bad for the mind. Researchers at the University of East London (Edmonds, C.2013) have established that when the body is dehydrated overall mental processing power decreases. It is suggested that you must drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
So all the points discussed above have some scientific base to back that. Overall, we have developed all the major points that are necessary to be taken care of if you really want your mind to work faster. Is it difficult to remember all the points? Do you want me to minimize and summarize it in just a few points? I can do this for you.
4 EASY WAYS TO LEARN FASTER AND REMEMBER MORE
I am summarizing the gist of the article in just 4 points. If you cannot remember all, just take care of these 4 easy ways to learn faster and remember more.
A.) Love the process of learning: How to study for exams? Ask yourself a simple question that why I am learning this? What is in it for me? The question is simple but can open a world of endless opportunities in front of you. Once you know the answer, you are going to love the learning process.
B.) Learn to relax your body for learning better: It is a proved fact that in tension the information slips your mind. When your mind is relaxed the same information is magnetically attracted. Give your mind an instant break whenever you feel stressed and try to seek pleasure for it in one way or the other.
C.) Plan properly about how you are going to study for the entire year: Remember, maps are not the territory you seek, but these surely help to reach the territory. Actually, they are highly required. Make maps in your mind with all the information you have. This helps to remember/retrieve any information in a matter of seconds.
D.) Inspect the concept well: Ask yourself some question related to what you are learning. This will help you to know what you know and what you don't know. This helps to get a clear picture of what more you need to learn more about something.